Nissan Digital is seeking an ambitious, energetic, experienced Internal Communications Specialist / Manager to strategize & support Nissan digital hub, based in Trivandrum, Kerala India. Seeking a creative and strategic thinker with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile communication programs in multiple countries. As a communications specialist or manager the candidate will be responsible for the internal communications philosophy and build the strategy for promoting trust and transparency, build a positive public image by owning the dissemination of information. Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work cross-functionally, lead proactive and reactive communications programs with tangible results.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
- Keep stakeholders/employees/leadership abreast of progress, storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers
- Use social media to communicate with staff internally, manage an internal communications office or whole team
- Deliver presentations at organisational events, such as your company’s AGM
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential. Understanding the sector you wish to work in (private, public or voluntary) can be crucial.
Experience & Qualification
- At least 6 years of experience with Bachelors/Masters graduation in public relations, communications, journalism, or similar streams.
- Previous working experience as internal communications specialist for a large organisation.
- Writing for a variety of different audiences is also desired. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
- Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers is also looked upon favourably.
- Experience in web design, content production, photo and video-editing skills is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Proficient command in English language.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
Send in your CV to [email protected]