Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2019, an examination considered as a National Eligibility Test (NET), will be conducted on February 17, 2019. The online application process will begin from November 1 and will be closed on December 15, 2018. The admit card is available to download after January 20, 2019 on the official website – www.jest.org.in.
The entrance examination is conducted for admission to Ph D and Integrated Ph D courses in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology.
- Ph D (Physics): The candidates need to possess Master’s degree in Physics. For educational qualifications according to institutions, candidates can check the official website.
- Ph D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: The candidates should possess Master’s degree in Science/ Engineering or Technology in Computer Science and related streams.
- Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC: The candidates should possess Master’s degree in Physics or Mathematics, apart from it, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Master’s degree in Computer Science required.
- Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc: Postgraduate degree in Science/ Engineering/ Technology/ Computer Application or Science with some mathematical skills is required to apply for the course.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics): For National Institute of Science Education and Research, candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree in Physics/ Engineering or Technology in Engineering Physics with 60 per cent marks and above.
- Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech-Ph.D (Physics): For Indian Institute of Astrophysics, candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Technology.
- Commencement of online application form: November 1
- Last date to submit application form: December 15, 2018
- Admit card to available online: January 20, 2019
- Examination: February 17, 2019.